viernes, 3 de febrero de 2017

The Tower Game

The Tower Game is a fantastic activity to reinforce vocabulary and grammar structures in all year groups.

With Pre-primary students I use it in 2 different ways: either I say a word and they have to pick the correct flashcard or I show them a flashcard and they say the word.



In the second picture, the Year 4 students are playing to learn how to describe people and construct affirmative, negative and interrogative sentences.
To play, I show a flashcard to a student, and he or she has to say the correct sentence in order to get a glass to make the tower.  

If I say "affirmative" they have to say "She/He has got (curly) hair; if I say "negative" they have to say "She/He hasn't got (short) hair"; and if I say "interrogative" they have to say "Has she/he got straight hair?"
The students take turns to say the sentences and add a glass and a card to the tower, to see how high they can go.

They love this game, and they have lots of practice in a funny way :)
Wow!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario